J.P. Dean, Sr. moved to Benton from Waldo, Arkansas in 1910 and bought the business of the late Jim D. Reed. Upon the death of Mr. Dean on May 22, 1917, the business was reorganized and continued by his wife, Mrs. Maude Dean, until 1920 when their son J.P. Dean Jr. became a partner in the establishment. The business thrived for many years until ill health forced Mrs. Maude Dean to retire. J.P. Jr. moved on to employment in other leading businesses in Benton and Little Rock and later opened a store in the Newbill building in Benton in 1959. This collection features J.P. Jr. and his family and friends, along with several glances at the family business.